“It is with great excitement and enthusiasm that I inform you that Vernon Kelson has accepted the APD/MD position for WKYS. Affectionately known by “˜Kelson’ from Radio One Baltimore (WERQ) , he will have big shoes to fill as I was blessed to have Dionne Burkett-Lewis in this position prior to Kelson’s acceptance. I am confident that he is up for the challenge as he is celebrating his 10th anniversary in radio. Kelson began his career with Radio One in 2002. He is a Baltimore Native and a graduate of Towson University . Kelson has worked his way up through the ranks from Board-op , part time (On-air) , Promotion/Production Assistant , Assistant Music Director and to add to the list he is very social media savvy (which includes The Urbaninformer.com and Urban Informer TV). Kelson definitely has the makings of a future Program Director. I’m very excited to be a part of his growth & promotion within our company , so with that being said please help me congratulate Kelson on being the newest member of the KYS family.”
Kelson’s family in Baltimore is VERY proud of his promotion. Baltimore Operations Manager Al Payne comments , “While we will miss Kelson’s focus , determination , passion for the lifestyle and our brands (as well as his big smile and personality) on a day-to-day basis , we are ELATED to see him grow within the company!” Payne is now looking for a replacement Music Director for 92Q (WERQ-FM) and Spirit 1400 (WWIN-AM) as well as Programming Assistant. The ideal person:
· Lives and breathes the hip hop lifestyle and music!
· Is already (or is on pace to become) a social media MONSTER!! Check your Twitter/Instagram/Facebook and/or Black Planet friends and followers before you apply. Are you influential?
· Ability to mix is a plus.
· Has additional knowledge of Contemporary Inspirational music.
· Pays attention to DETAIL and “sweats the small stuff” when working in programs like RCS/Selector , Linker , VoxPro and WideOrbit/Scott Studios.
Find the complete Baltimore job posting within the next 48 hours at www.radio-one.com and we look forward to hearing from interested candidates.