MTV UNVEILS NEW NIGHT OF MUSIC AND PERFORMANCE SHOWS WITH THE MIDNIGHT DEBUT OF “MTV‘S HIP–HOP POV” FOLLOWING THE SEASON 7 PREMIERE AND ENCORE OF “RANDY JACKSON PRESENTS AMERICA‘S BEST DANCE CREW” BEGINNING AT 10:00PM ET/PT ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11
MTV announced recently a new night of music based shows, with the greenlight of a brand-new, original weekly late-night music talk and performance show, “MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV,” set to debut at Midnight following the premiere of “Randy Jackson Presents America’s Best Dance Crew” on an all-new night beginning Wednesday, April 11, at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Season seven marks the return of “ABDC’s ” “Season of the Superstars,” as each episode centers around hit songs from the hottest names in music. “ABDC” will have a special encore airing on Wednesdays at 11:00p.m. following its initial run at 10:00p.m., which leads viewers directly into “MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV.”
Filming in the home of hip-hop, New York City, “MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV,” will feature five of the music industry’s most respected tastemakers and personalities giving viewers raw, unfiltered commentary on the news making headlines in hip-hop culture, provide their opinions on new music, grant insider access to the biggest events and engage in no-holds-barred artist interviews. In addition, each episode of “MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV” will end with an intimate performance by one of hip-hop’s most buzzed about artists.
“MTV‘s Hip-Hop P.O.V.” is an exciting, new weekly platform that shines the spotlight on the pulse of what’s relevant to hip-hop fans, giving our audience an authentic perspective on the artists, celebs and topics they love,” said Amy Doyle, EVP, Music & Talent Strategy. “With its dominance of the music charts, global impact and cultural influence, we wanted to find a way to harness the passion that MTV viewers have for hip-hop culture and provide its latest and greatest stars and personalities with a brand new stage here at MTV.”
Within each weekly half-hour episode of “MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV”, the panel of music industry experts will draw from their individual experiences and profound entertainment knowledge to form a unique voice of authority in the world of hip-hop. The select group of panelists, hosts, and provocative commentators featured on “MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV” include:
- Charlamagne Tha God (@cthagod) ““ Radio Personality ““ Never shy to say what’s on his mind, Charlamagne has been making waves with his outspoken and sometimes controversial opinions and outbursts on the radio for years. He’s currently on NY’s Power 105.1 as part of The Breakfast Club with DJ Envy and Angela Yee.
- Sowmya Krishnamurthy (@sowmyaK) ““ Journalist/Blogger ““ Sowmya is a digital age journalist whose dogmatic and cerebral musings about hip-hop and a variety of other topics can be read on her blog, thesowmyalife.com, MTV.com or in outlets like Vibe, NY Magazine, Village Voice, XXL, and The Source.
- Bu Thiam (@bukonvict) ““ Record Label Executive ““The VP of A&R at Def Jam has worked his way up the industry ladder to become one of the most powerful and well connected people in music. He has worked with everyone from Lady Gaga, to T-Pain, to Rihanna.
- Amanda Seales (@amandaseales) ““ DJ ““ A multitalented woman who has built a following with her DJ’ing, standup comedy, music, and various TV appearances. She has DJ’d sets for the likes of Lenny Kravitz, Q-tip, The Roots, etc.
- Devi Dev (@devidev) ““ Radio Personality ““ Devi Dev is one of the leading ladies in radio and her voice can be heard on Sirius XM’s “Sway in the Morning.” She’s known for her smart and revealing interviews with some of hip hops leading names including Kanye West, Dr. Dre, and Quincy Jones.
“MTV‘s Hip-Hop POV” is Executive Produced by Tiffany Lea Williams and Brian Saracusa. Concept by Elena Diaz. Amy Doyle is EVP, Music and Talent Strategy. Matthew Parrillo is Executive in Charge of Production. Concept Developed by Tiffany Lea Williams.