Laugh Out Loud, the comedy brand and multi-platform network founded by the world’s top comedian Kevin Hart in partnership with global content leader Lionsgate, today announced that its streaming video service will launch on August 3rd featuring a slate of original scripted and unscripted comedy series, stand-up specials, licensed programming, and live broadcasts. Laugh Out Loud combines Hart’s unparalleled social media savvy that earned him 100+ million followers with his vision for the future of comedy – social, mobile, multicultural, and seriously funny.
Hart handpicked the boldest comedic voices to create, produce and star in content exclusive to the service. These include digital superstar comedy talents GloZell, King Bach, Emmanuel Hudson, DC Young Fly, Draya Michelle, David So, Timothy DeLaGhetto and Anjelah Johnson (MADtv, viral sensation Bon Qui Qui) – among others – who have amassed tens of millions of fans across social media. The Laugh Out Loud service will also feature up and coming comedians curated by Hart through LOL showcases at events, including a partnership with the world’s top comedy festival “Just for Laughs.”
“Funny has no color or gender. With our friends at Lionsgate, we are creating a global network that gives a platform to the next generation of diverse comedians from all over the world, of all ethnicities, to tell their stories,” says Kevin Hart. “Our culture of comedy is unfiltered and inclusive. Most importantly, we exist to make the world laugh.”
“Kevin Hart is an extraordinary global talent, and we’re proud to continue expanding our multi-faceted relationship into exciting new opportunities,” said Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer. “He is not only one of the biggest stars in the world but a great entrepreneur and an incredible brand. Together, we’re building Laugh Out Loud into a compelling, content-rich value proposition for his millions of current fans – as well as new audiences worldwide.”
“Kevin has become a dominant creative force in every entertainment initiative he has undertaken, from blockbuster films and television series to record-breaking world concert tours,” said Laugh Out Loud President Jeff Clanagan. “With Lionsgate as our visionary studio partner, an incredible portfolio of premium content and an exciting array of fresh creative voices, Laugh Out Loud is positioned to super serve Kevin’s global fan base in the digital, over-the-top world.”
Leading into the August 3rd launch of the streaming video service, Hart is previewing a sneak peek of the content with his hidden camera series, “Kevin Hart: Lyft Legend.” Sponsored by Lyft and featuring guests Trey Songz and Joel McHale, Hart transforms into elderly, over-sharing Lyft driver Donald Mac to see how far he can push the limits. The first episode debuts on Laugh Out Loud’s Facebook, which already has over 4 million passionate followers, with future episodes running weekly exclusively on Laugh Out Loud’s streaming service.
In addition to Kevin Hart: Lyft Legend, Laugh Out Loud programming highlights include:
- Black Geo (Dormtainment) – Black Geo is a satirical investigative series into the origins of black culture through sketch comedy.
- Campus Law (cast: GloZell, Wuz Good, Cynthia Luciette) – The scripted sitcom is based around three recent college graduates who decide to get jobs as security guards on their former campus. Campus Law was greenlit by Hart at the Laugh Out Loud Presents: Just for Laughs Eat My Shorts pitch session during the 2016 JFL comedy festival.
- Dead House (King Bach, Emmanuel Hudson, D.C Young Fly) – A scripted sitcom from one of the world’s top digital comedians, Andrew Bachelor – aka King Bach. Living arrangements become interesting when a human joins the cast of a reality show where 4 zombies must live and work together in one house.
- Def Comedy Jam: For the first time ever, all seven seasons of Def Comedy Jam will be available on streaming, exclusively on Laugh Out Loud. The digital debut of the series that was a driving force behind the rise of hip hop music and comedy culture features legendary comedians Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Bernie Mac, Queen Latifah, Mike Epps and more.
- Hotline Ad: A sequel to Brent Weinbach’s “Gangster Party Line,” Hotline Ad will feature various chat line skits with celebrity comedic appearances (Snoop).
- Inglorious Pranksters – Stand-up comedian Jo Koy hosts this unscripted series that celebrates the Internet’s best viral pranks. In each episode, three UGC pranks will be given the ‘Hall of Fame’ treatment and only one will be inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’.
- Just For Laughs 2016 – 104 comics. 52 episodes. It’s 15 minutes of original hilarity, brought to you from Just For Laughs, the largest international comedy festival in the world. This is the next generation of comedy’s A-list. Showcases include Godfrey, Ronny Chieng, Finesse Mitchell.
The streaming video service is a key driver of the multi-platform Laugh Out Loud network, which produces custom content delivered daily across LOL’s app, website and social media platforms. In addition to teaming with Facebook to premiere Lyft Legend, Laugh Out Loud and Hart have partnered with YouTube to create What the Fit?, an unscripted series exclusive to Laugh Out Loud’s YouTube channel where Hart tries the most grueling and ridiculous trends in fitness alongside his celebrity friends and YouTube stars.
The Laugh Out Loud app will be available for free on iOS and Android on the August 3rd launch
date. Users will also have the option to upgrade for $2.99 per month for an ad-free viewing
experience and access to binge watch all episodes of current seasons. The Laugh Out Loud streaming video platform is powered by Vimeo’s OTT technology. LaughOutLoud.com was designed and developed by Quantasy, LLC.
To learn more about Laugh Out Loud’s comedians, content, and experiences, visit LaughOutLoud.com.