Home » BLOG » Industry Vet Cliff Winston has Died
Industry Uncategorized

Industry Vet Cliff Winston has Died

I am incredibly disappointed and sad to report this as it hits close to home. was a true industry friend who was often a mentor to me on several occasions during my industry career. He was a true jock and who made an incredible contribution to the industry. I met him when I worked at KKBT during the legendary days in the early 90s when it was the hottest station in the country and Cliff always had great jokes and I learned a lot from him about delivery and the industry. The last time I saw him was at the reunion a couple of years ago and I literally just asked John Monds about him yesterday. He passed today from a massive heart attack and he will be missed. RIP Cliff.

SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM CELEBRATES THIRD ANNIVERSARY OF RHYTHM 95.7FM, CUBATÓN

Al Payne Named Program Director at WHUR 96.3FM

Dave Matthews to perform exclusive acoustic set in Los Angeles for SiriusXM & Pandora

SiriusXM Editors

Fantasy Footballers and SiriusXM Team Up For Exclusive New Show

Andy Burns

LL COOL J Talks 30 Years of Paul’s Boutique With Beasties Boys Ad-Rock and Mike D

Andy Burns

Ronnie Wood Chats About Music, Rolling Stones + More With Theodora Richards

Andy Burns

Dalyce Kelley December 19, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Omg, I grew up listening to Cliff. What a loss. I’m very sad.

Anonymous December 19, 2017 at 8:34 pm

RIH Cliff

Anonymous December 19, 2017 at 8:47 pm

I am so saddened to hear the loss of a legend, pioneer. This is shocking. I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Cliff Winston very nice man.rip

Anonymous December 19, 2017 at 9:29 pm

So very sad to hear this news. I rode to work every morning listening to Cliff Winston. I even had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times over the years. Once at the Comedy Union, and ran into him with his son at the grocery store last year. He was very gracious each time. He was the classiest DJ/radio personality out there. Morning radio was never the same after he left KJLH. May he Rest In Peace.

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 1:06 am

I knew him. I am saddened to hear the passing of Cliff Winston

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:37 am

My friend Cliff! You will be missed…I remember I won tickets twice from him, and hung out with him at the comedy club in LA.. I’m saddened

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:38 am

Dereese Smith-Parker. RIP Cliff!

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:37 am

I live in Los Angeles and I listened to Cliff Winston for many years. I am saddened to hear he has passed.

Rog Swain December 20, 2017 at 8:50 am

Damn it seem like yesterday we was just running around the Boys & Girls Club we love you man

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 9:45 am

I remember he was on WBMX in Chicago for a while. R.I.P. Cliff Winston.

Prince Zaire December 20, 2017 at 9:52 am

Prince Zaire
I was shocked and saddened to hear the news about brother Cliff.
He was a consummate professional.
Broadcasting was in his DNA for sure.
Cliff Winston was a morning radio legend.
I live in Los Angeles and use to listen to him in the morning for years on KJLH.
He got my day started playing classics and talking about community events.
I send condolences to his family.
May God Bless His Spirit.

Kenneth James December 20, 2017 at 11:06 am

I was one of Cliff’s record reps for Columbia & MCA and he made it fun. We had epic battles at the gym on Saturdays when the industry guys would play basketball. He was a really good point-guard & loved the pocket pass & give-and-go. I considered him a friend & He will be sorely missed. Prayers & love go to his family.

Linda Jay December 20, 2017 at 11:30 am

I got the opportunity to be Host for a day years ago with Cliff during his morning show that I simply loved so much. After witnessing what he does at the helm working the boards, speaking so DJ eloquently, laughing, joking, playing good music, trivia questions, sports statistics, birthday wishes, complecated call ins all while keeping the energy levell up in the room for 4 straight hours, He was Amazing thats why I pegged him on his last birthday, My “Marvin Gaye” of Radio Personalities. He did it so well He was a Natural and he Was Great. He will be sorely missed by soooo many of us all over. RIP dear Soldier!

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:26 pm

I was very sad to hear the news of Cliff Winston’s passing. He was a dear friend of mine & he will truly be missed. Rest in peace.

Yeimi December 20, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Very sad news I work for him for 2 years back in 99. Rest In Peace

Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 8:18 am

I will always be very thankful to Cliff for giving me my first taste of working in a major market at KJLH back in the early 90’s. May your spirit soar on the wings of RA as you journey to be with the ancestors! Rest In Power my brother.

Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Cliff was a kind, wonderful and very talented air personality. RIP

Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Rip. Mr.Winston

Michael Morgan sr December 22, 2017 at 12:53 am

Very nice funny and respectful man , and didn’t think he was above anyone else because of who he was! And that is rare today , glad to have met him on several occasions..Rip cliff Job well done…