Home » BLOG » OH NO: Doug Banks Show Canned by Citadel at Year's End
Industry

OH NO: Doug Banks Show Canned by Citadel at Year's End

width=Looks like Networks has finally decided to cut its loses and completely cut ties with the Show at the of this year. What is going on with this once thriving company? They need some new innovative media think tanks on board. Will someone tell them I am available? Banks affiliation with the network has been since 1995 with his own show then with “Afternoons with Doug and DeDe.” In all honesty, I was surprised the network didn’t cut the show when it was no longer national but this explains why DeDe got on with K104 in Dallas several months back. She saw this train coming and got the hell off the tracks.   The network won’t say it but the ratings are just in the can and I really don’t think it’s Doug’s fault as much as it is the whole syndication market is going to tank in the next couple of years. The hosts are too greedy and SEASONED and stations can’t keep passing up local revenue for out-of-touch hosts…. (in general)

Career Opportunity – Midday Air Talent – WLIF-FM Baltimore

Michael Mitchell

Why Viral Video of Black Father Beating Daughter is Abuse

The American College of Financial Services to Host 14th Annual National Conference of African American Financial Professionals

Michael Mitchell

Netflix Cancels “She’s Gotta Have it”

iHeartMedia Denver’s KOA NewsRadio Announces the Debut of the New “Broncos Country Tonight”

Michael Mitchell

2019 NAB Marconi Radio Award Finalists Announced

Michael Mitchell

Anonymous October 5, 2009 at 7:56 am

That’s no surprise, why do you think Dede already got another job? Hell, that show has been garbage for a long time. Citadel should demand a refund!!!!!

Terri October 5, 2009 at 6:35 pm

they all need to go…syndication is tired…

Toyia October 6, 2009 at 10:41 am

please stay i enjoy listening to doug and deedee every evening after work……stay on the air….. thanks from mississippi

Yeah Right October 6, 2009 at 11:26 am

stopped listening to this type of garbage years ago. this is entertainment for ignorant folks.

Mary October 6, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I am so glad, I get so tired of Dede and Rudy fussing all the time.

Anonymous October 6, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I really enjoy Doug, Dede and Rudy. Hopefully they will stay.

ro October 6, 2009 at 5:13 pm

man they better not cut that show chicago just got doug and dee back on the air last year, and chicago radio really sucks now and they are the only interesting ppl on the radio in the afternoon besides sam sylk who also just came back to chicago…pretty soon chicago radio markets r gonna b DEAD

Jerry October 6, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Just take a look at the hand witting on the wall. Radio is once again cycling back to local morning shows.

Cost conscience owners and station managers know that they can get good local talent cheap and not break their bank. Local personalities in other fields will have the best chance of getting on the radio.

Remember radio personality is now a part-time job.This line of thought applies to all radio formats.

There are just too many personalities who will work for just about anything just to get on the radio. Plus local radio sounds better. Steve Harvey, Tom Joyner you are next.

tonia October 6, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I’ve been missing doug and deedee since they got bumbed from the morning slot. I tune in from time to time but micheal basdien have the afternoons on lock. sorry doug and dee dee.

Chris Rose October 6, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Take Michael Baisden with you Doug! Syndication is killing black radio!!!

kim October 6, 2009 at 7:27 pm

please stay

sierra October 6, 2009 at 8:44 pm

MAN NA’LL. IT CAN’T BE TRUE. I LOVE DOUG, DEE-DEE AND RUDY. I KNOW EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON BUT ITS NOT THEIR TIME 2 GO OFF THE AIR. IF THIS RUMOR IS TRUE THEY WILL BE MISSED. I MEAN NEXT 2 STEVE HAVERY, WHO WILL I LISTEN 2 NOW?

Anonymous October 7, 2009 at 2:17 pm

They need to move back to mornings…

natasha October 9, 2009 at 9:07 am

i agree with tonia. doug should have stayed on in the morning, because i cant stand big boi show. and i have to listen to michael in the afternoon.

DJ Jazz October 13, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Doug’s show got turned off in Milwaukee a couple of years ago and was replaced by Steve Harvey??? 2 different age brackets but it just goes to show that men and women lie but NUMBERS don’t….

Dale D January 15, 2010 at 5:40 pm

PLEASE STAY WE MISS YOU GUY

Matt January 20, 2010 at 5:04 pm

They took the Afternoon Show off the air about 3 weeks ago in my area. I have a job that requires a good amount of driving, and from 3-6 while I worked, it was a pretty entertaining show to listen to. Now I’m back to listening to the same rock/rap/hip hop songs all radio stations overplay 🙁 I need to get a satellite radio now or something.

ann April 14, 2011 at 6:50 am

I truly enjoy Doug’s show in the afternoon when I get off work, the music is good and conversation is entertining, it’s a stress-reliever. I am sick of Mike Baisden and his mess it’s got to go!

Comments are closed.