Posted: February 3, 2013 at 8:38 pm
Radio One, Inc. has opted to cancel motivational speaker, attorney, political activist, and radio talk show host Warren Ballentine’s nationally syndicated radio show in light of what the show host described as a “witch hunt”.
“To all of you who are showing support”, said Ballantine: “Thank you!! I’m innocent!” The Chicago’s south side native was, as reported by Radio Facts, indicted last week based on allegations of six separate charges resulting in a $10 million dollar federal mortgage indictment fraud accusation. Ballentine attended colleges in North Carolina and Ohio.
As a radio personality, Ballentine persuaded his listeners to be proactive in their respective communities. His show was syndicated in 37 different media markets. In response to the cancellation, Ballentine proclaimed: “I may be off the air for now, but I’m going to fight to clear my name.”
Radio One owns and operates 69 radio stations in 22 cities in the U.S.A.. The disgraced personality said he’s “so thankful to those who know I didn’t do this.”
Ballentine faces thirty years incarceration as well as a $1 million dollar fine if convicted for the six separate federal offenses. Ballentine speculated: “I guess I will be homeless soon.”